Monday 9 March 2009

Friends

I spent most of my life (as I'm sure a lot of people did) molding my life around those around me. Changed what i like and who i am based on what they want, or at least what i think they want.
But today something happened to me, after yet another change, yet another doing as i was told, something dawned to me. something people have been trying to tell me over the years, something i thought i already knew. The only person making me do these things is me. i bend to others whim, i change myself in the image of others, and i am not happy with myself otherwise i wouldn't be doing these things.
So after much contemplation and a couple mini panic attacks, about life and what i need to do with mine, i realised that all i need to do to stop myself from doing these very self destructive acts, is be happy.
I need to be happy with who i am, be happy with what Ive got and where I'm going in life. If i truly am happy with myself then there will be absolutely no reason to change who i am, and i f i can accept myself for what i am then maybe others will too.
I may be loud, i may be annoying, pedantic and arrogant. but if i can live with that then maybe others can to.
So i guess the message today is, "Be true to yourself, you are great as you are."
Thanks
Spyke
X

No comments:

Post a Comment