Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Name Change

HI All Back again to bore you with some boring facts from my current plain existence. Well today i have many an argument about my Name change. You see I'm changing my name to Spyke officially and currently letting everyone know but for some reason a lot of people are finding it very difficult to accept it. I have found there are many people keep purposefully calling me by my previous name just to p**s me off. To be honest i don't understand it, Ive always gone by Spyke and for the few people who know and use my real name, now it will be Spyke. but unfortunately for me a lot of people just seem to want to annoy me. Am i wrong in asking people to call me by the name i feel most comfortable with, Am i wrong to try and disassociate myself from my previous life my shedding the skin of my former self. Am i wrong to ask those around me to help in this by using the name i choose and am comfortable with. What do i do, i want to and am changing my name, but i cant still use my previous name by answering it, but at the same time i don't want to come across as a prat by refusing to acknowledge people who don't call me Spyke. Thanks for listening

2 comments:

  1. well, it would seem to most people that you're being ungrateful considering your past is what made you who you are today, and on my side as an african i believe in the whole "erecting a memorial to the past" thingy(yeah, we're good at that)but it shouldn't be too much of an issue, its your life, its your name, if you would like to change it , then its your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I agree whole heartedly, that your passed is important but to me there is too many bad memories, im not saying that i would change my past if i could. im just saying that i am who i am now and the person is not who i used to be.

    And thanks for the encouradgement. Good news is the documents came today. as of the 1/04/09 i will officially be known as Spyke Logan. Go me

    XX

    ReplyDelete